myCBR is an open-source similarity-based retrieval tool and software development kit (SDK). With myCBR Workbench you can model and test highly sophisticated, knowledge-intensive similarity measures in a powerful GUI and easily integrate them into your own applications using the myCBR SDK. Case-based product recommender systems are just one example of similarity-based retrieval applications.
|myCBR is a joint effort of the Competence Centre CBR at DFKI, Germany, and the School of Computing and Technology at UWL, UK.|
We've published a new version of myCBR, which contains some new features and bug fixes. Also, as of now myCBR is distributed under the LGPL licence. For more detailed information, read the release notes.
Follow the news of our project team at myCBR News.
- Powerful GUIs for modelling knowledge-intensive similarity measures
- Perspectives: If you have used the integrated development environment eclipse you are already familiar with this feature. The myCBR Workbench provides task-oriented configurations for modelling your knowledge model, information extraction, and case base handling.
- Similarity-based retrieval functionality
- Extension to structured object-oriented case representations, including helpful taxonomy editors
- Rapid prototyping via CSV
myCBR Software development Kit (SDK)
- Improved scalability (compared to myCBR 2.x)
- Simple data model (applications can easily be built on top)
- Fast retrieval
- Fast loading of large case bases
myCBR Workbench and SDK
- Each attribute can have several similarity measures:
This feature allows for experimenting and trying out different similarity measures and to record variations. As you can select an appropriate similarity measure at runtime via the API you can easily accommodate for different situations or different types of users.